Thursday, October 18, 2007

Bourbon Boys Pick The SEC Week VIII - Thursday Edition

Cuzzin’ Bailey

Whoa doggy, after a bye week its hard to discuss how the refs screwed us or how badass we were. However, I am surprisingly pissed about two things that did occur this weekend’s past. 1) LSU lost. This makes our eventual win over KY look good, but at the same time, when we face the Bayou Bengals in the SEC Champ game, it may not mean as much. B) USF won. While I never really hated them before, recent knowledge of their lack of allegiance to a team that never had an ill-will toward them has made me one of the most vocal anti-Bulls fan around. I get it if Miami or FSU roots against the Gators, but to have USF fans cheer on an out of state opponent for no good reason I say this, “GO (insert next Bulls opponent)!”

El Gran Mono

Wow, the adventure continues. Ohio State, South Florida and Boston College are #1, #2, and #3 respectively and I see all three teams losing in the next few weeks. The questions in my mind are: 1) do the polls mean anything? and 2) should we have a playoff with the six major conference winners receiving automatic bids and two wild cards determined by the polls? The answer to those questions are NO and YES respectively. An easy way to see the shittiness of the current system: UF favored by a touchdown over higher ranked Kentucky with the game being played in Lexington. If you have never seen the poll issued by Vegas then you don’t know the truth. Perhaps this intro is a bit too soap-boxish for your liking and you think your team’s ranking is justified. If so, I think you are a pussy that doesn’t want a playoff to determine a rightful champion. Side note – watching the Southy Sawks go down in flames is a beautiful thing.

Malt Licker

Whoa dude…what a wild and crazy college football season. I just received an email outlining a scenario by which the Gators could make the BCS championship game. And you know what? It really wasn’t that far-fetched. Of course, if I follow the outline, it means I’ll have a stake in virtually every game played for the rest of the season. Since we can’t gamble, I may as well have something. Oh yea…maybe I should work on retaking the lead from El Gran Mono.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Non-SEC Game of the Week

South Florida @ Rutgers (+3), 7:45

CB

“Hey, I’m a huge USF Bulls fan.” That’s the nightmare I live in down here. Name five players with first names dickhead. Look, I’m aware they are doing well, but they are doing well for USF standards. They beat Auburn, a team that beat UF at UF, but tell me those aren’t two different Tigers teams. Show me proof. Do they go on the road to play LSU? Kentucky? Do they play any other SEC team? Have they heard of any other SEC team? Why won’t they play FSU? Why did they bitch out of their game with UF this year? Pollsters suck, this is the weakest Top Ten in the history of Division I-A. “Why can’t I just be happy for the local team?” 1) D-bag fans who think they deserve something; 2) The talk of Grothe in the same conversation as Tebow; 3) Root against UF one time, you are automatically a Gator enemy. Small margin of error this weekend and for most of the rest of the year. No more UCF or Florida Atlantic games. Root against my team, guess where my “allegiance” is this weekend. Sopranos style bitch.

USF 18

Rut 19

EGM

Most of my anger at the polls was initiated by a Buckeye fan who accosted me for wearing a Gator shirt. He was exclaiming his giddiness at his Buckeyes #1 ranking. I guess he didn’t get the memo on his #1 Buckeyes getting their ass kicked in the BCS Championship game, but hey, they were NUMBER ONE. However, some of my anger flows from bandwagon Bulls fans talking just a little too much trash. Sure, they are excited but the season is still a little young to be talking undefeated. I feel they will lose twice before the end of the year but this game will not be one of those losses. Rutgers just doesn’t have the horses to run with Bulls (excuse the terrible pun). The Scarlet Knights have some excellent skills players but Teel turns the ball over way too much. USF doesn’t have a dynamic offense and if they find themselves behind early they could be in trouble. The Bulls have an excellent defense but their light line will give up some rushing yards to Ray Rice. All told, I just can’t pick a team to cover on the road with an offense centered on Matt Grothe.

Bullies with terrible hair 21

Knights with STDs 20

ML

Well…I hate to say it fellow Tampa Bayers but your newly beloved Bulls need to go down. Am I selfish? Why don’t I want USF to be this successful. In case previous references to Katrina, the Kent State shootings and many other tragedies haven’t clued you in, I’m a dick. Therefore I will be rooting like hell for the Scarlet Knights, who are looking to repeat last year’s heroics against Louisville.

Back to Earth 25

Redux 28

Full edition available later tonight to tomorrow...

No comments: