Thursday, October 06, 2005

Bourbon Boys Pick The SEC Week VI

El Gran Mono

Did the SEC scheduling committee get together and decide that only one good game could be played every week? Because looking at this week’s lineup I want to puke. Sure, UT faces off against the Khaki Dawgs but outside that there isn’t shit. At least Vandy lost last week and now I can stop worrying about the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse possibly chilling outside my window every morning. Oh yeah, Florida got taken behind the woodshed last week and I got to witness it. It looked as shitty in person as it did on TV.

Cuzzin’ Bailey

Man, I hate having to eat my words. A nice trip to redneck-ville, USA was ruined by the f-ing game this past weekend. I have several complaints about this weekend to the trailerpark of America. 1) Birmingham’s nightlife is a fucking joke. I have a suspicion that I could have a better chance getting wasted at a Buddhist temple. The folks down there felt content sitting at their tables sipping their 1st drink for like an hour. I think the bartender was shocked when I ordered a second Jager-bomb. 2) The Bear. All on sportstalk radio people kept bringing him up and this and that … the guys been dead for like 20 years… deal with it you losers… you have a moron for a coach (see: Prothro injury), and your Paul ain’t coming back. 3) This piece of shit redneck, white trash looking moron. He was drunk enough to think that it would be a good idea to try and pick a fight with 7 drunk angry Gator fans after they won. His genius logic was that he hates Gator fans and couldn’t explain why…I wish I hadn’t stopped my friends from ruining him. Of course, he still had to wake up the next day and realize he is stuck in that sewer…anyways that’s enough bitching. It was nice to see my friends and of course hang with our resident attorney El Gran Mono. So now, I’ll just celebrate my 27th birthday week with a bitter taste in my mouth for the entire Bama nation, and look forward to a little relief this weekend against Miss. State

Malt Licker

After reading EGM’s post about his trip to Tuscaloosa, I began to wonder why we use the term “eating crow” to describe being humbled. So I looked it up on Wikipedia:

To eat boiled crow is to be proven wrong after having strongly expressed your opinion. It is most likely an Americanization of the English "To eat humble pie". The English phrase is something of a pun — "umbles" were the intestines and other unsavories of a deer. Pies made of this were known to be served to those of lesser class who did not eat at the king's/lord's/governor's table.

In North America the expression is simply to eat crow.

At any rate, crow seems to be the distasteful meat of choice because it's stringy, it's carrion meat, and, apparently, just plain doesn't taste good. An old tale passed around amongst hunters advises that, if you run out of food while alone in the woods, catch a crow, put it in a pot with a boot, boil it for a week, and then eat the boot.

I wonder if it matters if it’s a “hobnailed boot.” Anyway, are there any limits to the value of the Bourbon Boys? Not only do you get a look into our demented minds, you learn valuable things like the derivation of the term “eating crow.” If you are thinking I came up with this to avoid talking about last week’s abortion of a game, you are right.

Louisiana-Monroe at Arkansas

EGM

Another Sun Belt foe bites the dust this week at the hands of a very average Hawg team. I’m sure Houston Nutt spent last week at some masochistic camp getting whacked with chains and shit just trying to show his team that he is willing to sacrifice for them.

Waiting for our piece of $250 billion taxpayer dollars 12

Kings of the Sun Belt 39

CB

I was watching The Last of the Mohicans this morning before work and I realized that the English dude who has those hot daughters was named Monroe. How do you like that? Well anyways, Arkansas most recently fell at the hands of the Tide (a team that seems to be on some kind of sick roll right now). This should be a good game for the Razorbacks to use to get closer to .500. The game is being played in Little Rock which, I’ll be honest, really has no bearing on the outcome or the way I feel about this game. I hate Arkansas and I hate Houston Nutt.

Directional LA 14

Arr-Kansas 33

ML

At this point in the season, I truly have no time for games like this. Nice non-conference schedule Houston. Although I have a feeling President Nutt could do a better job picking a Supreme Court justice. What a treat for the fans in Little Rock.

La-Mo Blows 13

Swine 34

Mississippi State at Florida

EGM

The honeymoon is officially over. I’ve not yet given up on the Urbanator’s offense…but I will be watching closely (as will those at the newly created firecoachmeyer.com). This should be a good revenge game for the Gators after a shitty loss in Starkville last year. The next time we play in Starkville I swear to pick MSU because the Gators just can’t win there. MSU is really, really bad and they basically have no chance of winning this game...especially without their best player Jerious Norwood. The Gators should be able to run…but who knows with this gimmick shit.

And we have to go home to NO BARS 3

Back to normal…for a week 48

CB

Damn, last year the Gators lost to this bunch of shitheads on the road. I remember going there and seeing a loss back in 2000. That was a total nightmare. Listening to replay after replay of “Who Let the Dogs Out?,” the dude ringing the cowbell in his baby’s ear as the child was attempting to sleep, the horrible student section and my pop being forced to drink Canadian Club and cooler water is enough to drive anyone mad, but now this weekend those losers from Mississippi can come see what a real college town is like. Of course they will be leaving with their tails between they legs cause the Gators are pissed and everyone knows you shouldn’t mess with a pissed off Reptile.

No More Cowbell 12

Gator Wakening? 30

ML

Some of the Gators that are grumbling after the dismantling at the hands of ‘Bama should be assuaged by the fact that at this point last year, we lost to a team that lost to frickin’ Maine, and it wasn’t really a shock. Chris Leak will probably look great this week. He always looks great when he is not facing a pass rush. Otherwise he bears a strong resemblance to J.P. Losman.

Dirty Dawgs 3

Wounded Gators 35

Georgia at Tennessee

EGM

I really have no idea how good UGA is. They almost lost to USC and they kicked Boise State’s ass. That just doesn’t seem to add up. Ricky “balder than my brother” Clausen has been a walking boot all week but says he’s going to play. The way Ainge has looked he better play for the Vols to have a shot. The running game of both teams is the key to this game because neither The Shocker or The Pickle Man is gonna beat you by themselves. After ripping Gerald Riggs to start the year I have come to realize that he is the best back in the SEC. The Shocker always sucks in big games. I bet some idiot Dawg fan wears some hobnailed boots to this game and they will definitely match his pressed chinos.

The Shocker is NEVER a good move 13

I’d pay to not have Bob Davie pronounce Clausen 24

CB

This game is huge for the UT’s hopes of winning the East. A loss will pretty much guarantee their rightful place at the head of the Citrus Bowl banquet. But a Vic and they are in good shape since the Gators could, apparently, very easily lose again. (that hurts). Anyways, Phil, the biggest guy on the field, must remember the last time the Dawgs came to town right? 41 to 14 shellacking, that was hot. Personally, I don’t have a team I’m rooting for since I hate them both, but I guess it would be good to see the UT fans and that “someone just ate my moonpie” look on their faces.

UGA 18

UT 17

ML

Speaking of hobnailed boots, the Shocker had a week off to rest his pinky and prepare for a dual with the Balding Cro-Magnon Pickle Man Jr. and the rest of the Vols, who expelled Ole Piss with relative ease last week. I predict a hard-hitting; sloppily played game, very similar to the UT/LSU game 2 weeks ago. The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win. Which device will be more effective? The Shocker’s pinky or Claussen’s pickle?

Dawgs will sniff, lick, and shock your ass 21

Remember Mark Vlasic? 14

Kentucky at South Carolina

EGM

USC sucks way more than I ever thought. Spurdog should have thought twice about throwing those cons off the team. KY is terrible. Matching Rich Brooks up against Spurrier isn’t fair, its like Fredo vs. Michael Corleone.

Don’t go in the boat Richy 18

You are nothing to me… 38

CB

This is Spur-dawg’s chance to not feel like a total loser. Kentucky is getting the shit kicked out of them like usual so South Carolina should be able to manhandle them. I’ll be heading to Columbia later in the year so I just hope the Wildcat students don’t drink too many Jager-bombs and save some for us…wait, the kids from Lexington don’t even know what drinking is … I think we’re safe…

Bars Close at 1, good I’m tired at 11…. 13

Five Points, where Jager goes to die 17

ML

Ouch….Spurdawg has been getting his comeuppance for all the beatings he dished out at UF during the 90s. Thankfully, I haven’t been gambling this year, or I’d be joining several Gators who have lost money betting on Steve’s boys. The ‘Cocks were completely destroyed at Auburn, and the Ol’ Ballcoach is still looking for his first conference victory. Luckily for him Kentucky enters the scene. Most definitely the perfect tonic for a team that looks infected with the Avian Flu.

Kensucky 19

Lamecocks 31

LSU at Vanderbilt

EGM

Vandy lost last week. They will lose again this week. Jay Cutler is a better player then JarJar, but Jay’s Dores don’t have Joseph Addai. However, the way Zook Miles coaches it looks like LSU doesn’t have Addai either.

Addai Touches 22

Doremats again 7

CB

Well, well…Vandie was finally exposed last week….hahaha losing to the likes of MTSU… unbelievable…I just wish I wasn’t so upset about the Gator loss so I could have been totally jacked about them finally losing. LSU just came off a huge win at Starkville so they know how to win on the road (just not at home apparently)…anyways, Vanderbilt is probably the second hardest place to .. play… haha .. I can’t finish that sentence …this is a joke … I hope the kids in Nashville like their asskickings with extra Cajun seasoning…

Southern Frenchies 34

Nashville is too cool for these jokers 13

ML

Phew…..everyone can cease building the bomb shelter, stockpiling canned goods, and hoarding guns & ammo. The Vanderbilt buzz dissipated in Nashville last night against MT frickin’ SU. This is so typically Vandy. I pick against them all year, and when I finally go with them in a slam-dunk game, they shit all over themselves and blow it. Back to reality in a big way, and in an even bigger way against JarJar and Zook Jr.’s Ragin’ Cajuns.

Bayou Bengals 45

Doremats again 17

The Citadel at Ole Miss

EGM

Does Ole Miss play any conference games? It seems like they are always playing some half ass school from a shit conference. The Citadel stuck with FSU for the first half before getting blown out. After watching Ole Piss play a few game I think Citadel will hang even longer than that in this game.

The Apex 9

The Hair 21

CB

Hell, I may just have to pick The Citadel in this one… at least they are folks I can respect…I mean shit, they at least get regular haircuts right? ….and they know that croakies are for fucking losers… maybe I shouldn’t talk, I haven’t had a haircut in a month… I feel dirty…

THE Citadel 5

OLE Mess 7

ML

If I were a student at the Citadel, I’d only accept women at my school that looked like Ole Miss sorority girls. I mean, do yall remember how hideous that first broad was? What was her name again? Unfortunately the female “talent” at the Citadel either looks like Dog Leash girl from Abu Ghraib or Tony Siragusa.

Women Need Not apply 6

Our chicks are hot 27

Alabama – OFF

EGM

Remember last time a big win kept a coach from getting fired? That really worked out didn’t it…

CB

So what am I supposed to do? Thank Alabama for their gracious hospitality? I don’t think so… I wish I could go back in time and beat the hell out of that dude…he was literally asking for it…I hope Croyle gets smallpox.

ML

Is Bama back? They did beat a good team, but I can’t help but feel that maybe our Gators were a bit overrated in our minds and in the minds of the media. We are a school that has lost 5 games 3 straight years, and it is safe to say we didn’t play our best game. However, if the Savior can duplicate his Christ-like performance of last week, they may indeed go unbeaten, SI jinx notwithstanding.

Auburn – OFF

EGM

I smell massive protests outside of bars.

CB

Right, like I have time to comment on these assholes.

ML

Due to the bye, Auburn students will have a chance to recover from the 3 beers they had last week.

Duke at Miami

EGM

I’m sure the Cokehead and Blue Devil faithful will pack the stands for this intriguing matchup.

PUKE 0

# of fans attending 37

CB

Puke gets to know what losing feels like when they face Miami … oh wait, they’ve been losing for years….the game is at Miami so with the monster crowd behind them, the cokeheads should be fired up just enough to avoid the upset….Nip/Tuck is great show based in Miami … on the show, there is a serial “attacker” nicknamed “The Carver.” I wish the he would go after some of the Miami players…that’ll show them…

Puke 3

The Carver’s next victim 56

ML

Puke vs. Mee-ahhh-meee…Should be a capacity crowd on hand at the Powder Blue/Orange Bowl for this riveting ACC matchup. I could give two shits about this game.

Puke 0

CoCanes 37

Wake Forest at Florida State

EGM

The Demonic Evangelists head to a land that is itself demonic. The Noles had big trouble last year against Wake but this year their defense is much tougher, especially at home in front of the sluts and douchebag dudes.

What is a “wake” forest? 0

Of course we like anal 35

CB

Wow Wake has totally tanked this year… they started off by losing to Vandie and now they have to face a team that is at least twice as good. While Bobby has been busy molesting children this week, his team has probably had a few practices (in between felony hearings.) The Deac’s are coming off a decent win over Clemzin last week so I guess they have that going for them…still, that’s pretty sad …

Demons 13

Felons 31

ML

I had the hardest time trying to come up with something to write about this game. I feel as though all the sarcastic things I could say about the Noles have already been said. I almost typed something about Ted Bundy’s rampage through an FSU sorority decades ago, but I felt that might be a bit over the line. However, if Ted really wanted to fit in, he should have pulled a John Wayne Gacy and dressed up as a clown. You know, since it has a clown college. I must say John Wayne Gacy goes down as the scariest serial killer of all time. He managed to mold together many terrifying concepts: 1) Clown 2) Fat Guy 3) Mass murder of children. About the only thing that can compare is having an offensive coordinator named Jeff Bowden calling plays for a quarterback named Drew Weatherford who throws to a receiver named FAGG.

Demon Deacons are not as scary as clowns 13

Bundy U 42

If you wish to be a Guest Bourbon Boy, make a comment or be added to the mailing list, please send an email to bourbonboys1865@hotmail.com. Have a look at our daily thoughts at http://bourbonboys.blogspot.com.

2005 Records:

Standings W L %

Cuzzin Bailey 36 10 78

El Gran Mono 35 11 76

Malt Licker 33 13 72

No comments: